Re: [RFC 1/1] net: introduce OpenVPN Data Channel Offload (ovpn-dco)

From: Antonio Quartulli
Date: Thu Jul 28 2022 - 15:16:18 EST

On 28/07/2022 18:28, Jakub Kicinski wrote:
On Thu, 28 Jul 2022 09:41:11 +0200 Antonio Quartulli wrote:
However, I guess I will still fill MODULE_VERSION() with a custom
string. This may also be useful when building the module out-of-tree.

Please use the kernel versions for versioning the out of tree code.
Whenever a new release is cut upstream you bump the number
appropriately in oot, and adjust whatever compat code needs adjusting.

Thanks for the hint about the versioning!
Will definitely use the kernel version once we are hooked.

--
Antonio Quartulli
OpenVPN Inc.