Re: [RFC 1/1] net: introduce OpenVPN Data Channel Offload (ovpn-dco)

From: Antonio Quartulli
Date: Thu Jul 28 2022 - 09:15:43 EST

Hi Andrew,

On 28/07/2022 15:07, Andrew Lunn wrote:
Also, using a mainline driver out of tree is not easy. The code will
make use of the latest APIs, and internal APIs are not stable, making
it hard to use in older kernels. So you end up with out of tree
wrapper code for whatever version of out of tree Linux you decide to
support. Take a look at

https://github.com/open-mesh-mirror/batman-adv

Yeah, this is exactly what we are already doing.
We're just trying to keep is as simple as possible for now:

https://github.com/OpenVPN/ovpn-dco/blob/master/linux-compat.h

Thanks for the pointer anyway (I am already deeply inspired by batman-adv, as you may imagine ;-)),

--
Antonio Quartulli
OpenVPN Inc.