[RFC 0/9] clk: qcom: gcc-sdm845: Swicth from expanded definitions to compact macros

From: Abel Vesa
Date: Tue Jul 26 2022 - 10:23:51 EST

Lets see where this goes.

This RFC is basically a proof-of-concept of how we could use more
compact macros rather than expanded definitions for clocks on QCOM
platforms. As the subject says, this is only for SDM845 GCC, for now.

Also, there are a couple of hacky solutions here that need to be
reworked before it could be merged (if ever). One that comes to mind is
the way the branch clock macros differentiate between having no parent,
a parent name, or a parent HW. I'm still looking into that, so ...

I tried to make them as compact and readable from the user's POV, but
there is some complexity needed in order to allow passing different
types (or number) of parents. Maybe that complexity is too crazy and
doesn't bring that much benefit.

I managed to put together some semi-automated way to do this for every
CC, on every platform, if it's decided so. The only testing I managed to
do so far was comparing the preprocessed output before and after. Oh,
and the MTP does boot. I still need time to make sure that nothing gets
broken.

Also, this series is still WIP, so everything can be reworked fast, if
needed.

Abel Vesa (9):
clk: qcom: qcc-sdm845: Collapse gdsc structs into macros
clk: qcom: gcc-sdm845: Switch from parent_hws to parent_data
clk: qcom: rcg: Add macros to collapse definition
clk: qcom: alpha-pll: Add macros to collapse definition
clk: qcom: branch: Add macros to collapse definition
clk: qcom: common: Add macro wrapper for all clock types
clk: qcom: gcc-sdm845: Switch to macros to collapse branch clocks
definitions
clk: qcom: gcc-sdm845: Switch to macros to collapse rcg2 clocks
definitions
clk: qcom: gcc-sdm845: Switch to macros to collapse alpha-pll clocks
definitions

drivers/clk/qcom/clk-alpha-pll.h | 61 +
drivers/clk/qcom/clk-branch.h | 82 +
drivers/clk/qcom/clk-rcg.h | 40 +