Re: [net-next: PATCH 09/12] Documentation: ACPI: DSD: introduce DSA description

From: Andy Shevchenko
Date: Wed Jun 22 2022 - 07:08:21 EST

On Wed, Jun 22, 2022 at 12:37:46PM +0200, Andrew Lunn wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 22, 2022 at 12:22:23PM +0200, Marcin Wojtas wrote:

> MRVL0100 is pretty meaningless, but marvell,orion-mdio gives you a
> much better idea what the device is. That i would say is the key of
> the problem here. Without knowing what MRVL0100 means, it is hard to
> guess the rest.

As I pointed out they may use _DDN which will be part of the DSDT independenly
of the ACPICA version (`iasl` may add comments on the devices it knows) or any
other ACPI tools. The cons of this is the unused bulk in the ACPI tables,
meaning wasted space in firmware.

--
With Best Regards,
Andy Shevchenko