Re: hid-sensor-hub 001F:8087:0AC2.0002: timeout waiting for response from ISHTP device

From: Paul Menzel
Date: Thu Jun 09 2022 - 12:44:00 EST

Dear Srinivas,

Am 18.05.22 um 21:55 schrieb srinivas pandruvada:

Good news, is that I can get to one 9310 system.

Awesome.

Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
Product Name: XPS 13 9310

I had
"
bios_date:12/10/2020
bios_release:1.2
bios_vendor:Dell Inc.
bios_version:1.2.5
"

Didn't observe any issue with ISH after multiple suspend/resume

Update to the latest available from Dell website

BIOS Information
Vendor: Dell Inc.
Version: 3.6.0
Release Date: 03/17/2022

Still no issue.

I am using
5.17.7-200.fc35.x86_64

So suggest to updated to the latest BIOS from Dell website and
reproduce.

I had access to the system, and I have not seen that ISHTP message since May 16th, 2022 so with the old 2.2.0 and current 3.6.0 system firmware. But it also was not always present beforehand, so no idea, if something special has to be done (like attach a device) to trigger it.

Until the message shows up again, let’s consider the issue fixed though. Thank you for your time.

Kind regards,

Paul