Re: virt_to_phys outside array bounds warning (GCC 12.1.0)

From: Krzysztof Kozlowski
Date: Wed Jun 08 2022 - 05:56:26 EST

On 08/06/2022 10:39, Bagas Sanjaya wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> When cross-compiling arm 5.19-rc1 kernel using GCC 12.1.0 (armv7 with neon
> fpu, multi_v7_defconfig), I got outside array bounds warning pointing to
> virt_to_phys() macro:

Thanks for the report!

I think this was already reported:
https://lore.kernel.org/all/CAK8P3a3X0UwQiVNZqvGmSKi8BX6zg=k07+9Q3rDGqHVkc8Hdsg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx/

Anyway, for the future:
I don't think the CC list matches the problem. Please bisect this issue
(since it is reproducible build time, it should be straightforward) to
find offending commit and then Cc responsible people and maintainers
(scripts/get_maintainer.pl). Ccing half-random people might not get
necessary attention.

Best regards,
Krzysztof