Re: odd endianness toolchains for crosstool

From: Arnd Bergmann
Date: Mon Apr 25 2022 - 11:39:59 EST

On Mon, Apr 25, 2022 at 5:20 PM Jason A. Donenfeld <Jason@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Right, exactly. So if you simply add little endian libgcc to ppc64, ppc,
> mips, and mips64, and add big endian libgcc to arm and arm64, then we'd
> be set.

I see that gcc-11.3 was just released, so I should probably try
building that in the
near future. I'll see if I can manage to come up with multiarch
configs for that,
and maybe even get those merged upstream so I don't have to carry patches
against the gcc source tree (all the other builds are for unmodified sources).

I can probably do that before migrating to the new machine, but I can't
promise how quickly I find time to start.

> (And also, build ppc32 with --enable-secureplt --with-long-double-64.)

Can you explain what those are about? Is this related to the ELFv1
vs ELFv2 difference or something else? Is this needed in both the
ppc32 and ppc64 compilers that each come with both targets?

Arnd