Re: plumbers session on syscall wrapping and kernel header libc circular depdence?

From: Masahiro Yamada
Date: Mon Apr 25 2022 - 00:45:52 EST

Hello Nick,

Sorry for the late reply.

On Sat, Apr 16, 2022 at 2:48 AM Nick Desaulniers
<ndesaulniers@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Florian, Arnd, and Masahiro,
> Jose and I are currently in the planning process to put together a
> Kernel+Toolchain microconference track at Linux Plumbers Conference
> this year (Sept 12-14) in Dublin, Ireland.
>
> Would you all be interested in a session (if you're planning on
> attending) discussing syscall wrapping for libc's and UAPI circular
> dependency on the libc?
>
> Masahiro and I were recently discussing the feasibility of building
> the kernel UAPI header tests with -nostdinc, but there are some
> interesting complications perhaps worth sharing with others?
> --
> Thanks,
> ~Nick Desaulniers

I am not sure about the travel at the moment.
I may be able to attend it remotely if the the plumbers is held as a
hybrid conference.

I am not quite sure how many developers would be interested in this topic,
but we can continue discussion in the ML as well.

--
Best Regards
Masahiro Yamada