Re: [patch] console_codes.4: ffix

From: Alejandro Colomar (man-pages)
Date: Tue Mar 22 2022 - 08:59:56 EST

On 3/22/22 13:56, nick black wrote:
Alejandro Colomar (man-pages) left as an exercise for the reader:
Patch applied.
However, it's weird: I had to apply the following to your patch before
applying it with `git am`:

/^diff --git/s, man4, a/man4,
/^diff --git/s, man4, b/man4,
/^--- man4/s, man4, a/man4,
/^+++ man4/s, man4, b/man4,

I'm curious, how did you generate the patch?

i bounced this out from ~/Mail/sent, and have no idea how i
originally created it, sorry =\. i'm assuming git email-send?

Yeah, I guessed that you used git format-patch && git send-email, especially since there's a git version at the end of the patch. The weird thing is that git always (AFAIK) writes (and needs) those a/ and b/ prefixes, so... I don't know.

If it repeats, I'll try to investigate the reason.

Thanks!

Alex

--
Alejandro Colomar