Re: linux-next: manual merge of the akpm-current tree with the folio tree

From: Matthew Wilcox
Date: Thu Feb 17 2022 - 16:19:58 EST

On Thu, Feb 17, 2022 at 05:38:10PM +1100, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> On Wed, 16 Feb 2022 21:51:24 -0800 Andrew Morton <akpm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > > My response for any other subsystem would be that you need to go
> > > through the maintainer's tree. In this case that means feeding a patch
> > > series to Andrew and updating that patch series.
> > >
> > > Alternatively, you need to find someone (with Andrew's agreement) who
> > > can maintain a git tree that includes all Andrew's MM patches and any
> > > other topic branches and deals with all the conflicts and can feed it
> > > all to Linus. Linux-next would also include that tree/branch.
> > >
> > > Andrew, do you have any comments?
> >
> > Let's try Matthew's idea - I'll get Hugh's and Christoph's series via
> > linux-next and shall figure out the rest.
>
> OK, but I am on vacation from tomorrow until Feb 28th, so I will assume
> you will have it all ready for me by then.

I assume you mean that you'll do one last pull and release a
next-20220218, rather than saying that the next release will be
next-20220229?

I have pushed out f82e2137bc1e to infradead/for-next. xfstests currently
running. It includes:

Alex Sierra (10):
mm: add zone device coherent type memory support
mm: add device coherent vma selection for memory migration
mm/gup: fail get_user_pages for LONGTERM dev coherent type
drm/amdkfd: add SPM support for SVM
drm/amdkfd: coherent type as sys mem on migration to ram
lib: test_hmm add ioctl to get zone device type
lib: test_hmm add module param for zone device type
lib: add support for device coherent type in test_hmm
tools: update hmm-test to support device coherent type
tools: update test_hmm script to support SP config

Alistair Popple (2):
mm: remove the vma check in migrate_vma_setup()
mm/gup: migrate device coherent pages when pinning instead of failing

Christoph Hellwig (14):
mm: remove a pointless CONFIG_ZONE_DEVICE check in memremap_pages
mm: remove the __KERNEL__ guard from <linux/mm.h>
mm: remove pointless includes from <linux/hmm.h>
mm: move free_devmap_managed_page to memremap.c
mm: simplify freeing of devmap managed pages
mm: don't include <linux/memremap.h> in <linux/mm.h>
mm: remove the extra ZONE_DEVICE struct page refcount
fsdax: depend on ZONE_DEVICE || FS_DAX_LIMITED
mm: generalize the pgmap based page_free infrastructure
mm: refactor check_and_migrate_movable_pages
mm: refactor the ZONE_DEVICE handling in migrate_vma_insert_page
mm: refactor the ZONE_DEVICE handling in migrate_vma_pages
mm: move the migrate_vma_* device migration code into its own file
mm: build migrate_vma_* for all configs with ZONE_DEVICE support

Hugh Dickins (13):
mm/munlock: delete page_mlock() and all its works
mm/munlock: delete FOLL_MLOCK and FOLL_POPULATE
mm/munlock: delete munlock_vma_pages_all(), allow oomreap
mm/munlock: rmap call mlock_vma_page() munlock_vma_page()
mm/munlock: replace clear_page_mlock() by final clearance
mm/munlock: maintain page->mlock_count while unevictable
mm/munlock: mlock_pte_range() when mlocking or munlocking
mm/migrate: __unmap_and_move() push good newpage to LRU
mm/munlock: delete smp_mb() from __pagevec_lru_add_fn()
mm/munlock: mlock_page() munlock_page() batch by pagevec
mm/munlock: page migration needs mlock pagevec drained
mm/thp: collapse_file() do try_to_unmap(TTU_BATCH_FLUSH)
mm/thp: shrink_page_list() avoid splitting VM_LOCKED THP

Matthew Wilcox (Oracle) (83):
[skipped]

Mike Rapoport (1):
arch: Add pmd_pfn() where it is missing

William Kucharski (1):
mm/readahead: Align file mappings for non-DAX

I squashed in the various -fix patches that were in the akpm or next
trees. I hope I didn't miss anything important.

https://git.infradead.org/users/willy/pagecache.git/shortlog/refs/heads/for-next
if anyone wants to browse and tell me if I messed something up.