Re: [RFCv3 2/6] i2c: add I2C Address Translator (ATR) support

From: Vaittinen, Matti
Date: Thu Feb 17 2022 - 00:12:26 EST

On 2/16/22 10:40, Luca Ceresoli wrote:
> On 08/02/22 12:16, Andy Shevchenko wrote:
>> On Mon, Feb 7, 2022 at 7:55 PM Luca Ceresoli <luca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> +config I2C_ATR
>>> + tristate "I2C Address Translator (ATR) support"
>>> + help
>>> + Enable support for I2C Address Translator (ATR) chips.
>>> +
>>> + An ATR allows accessing multiple I2C busses from a single
>>> + physical bus via address translation instead of bus selection as
>>> + i2c-muxes do.
>>
>> What would be the module name?
>
> Isn't the module name written in Kconfig files just to avoid checkpatch
> complain about "too few doc lines"? :) Oook, it's i2s-atr anyway.

Thanks Luca! I have always wondered why people keep adding this
seemingly unnecessary boilerplate. Now I finally get the purpose!

--Matti

--
The Linux Kernel guy at ROHM Semiconductors

Matti Vaittinen, Linux device drivers
ROHM Semiconductors, Finland SWDC
Kiviharjunlenkki 1E
90220 OULU
FINLAND

~~ this year is the year of a signature writers block ~~