ath9k should perhaps use hw_random api?

From: Jason A. Donenfeld
Date: Tue Feb 15 2022 - 10:44:55 EST

Hi Ath9k Maintainers,

I'm emailing you because I've noticed that ath9k's rng.c is the *only*
driver in the whole of the tree that calls
add_hwgenerator_randomness() directly, rather than going through
Herbert's hw_random API, as every single other hardware RNG does.

I'm wondering if you'd consider converting your driver into something
suitable for the hw_random API (in drivers/char/hw_random/), rather
than adhoc rolling your own ath9k rng kthread. Is this something
you're actively maintaining and would be interested in doing?

Regards,
Jason