Re: PCI: Race condition in pci_create_sysfs_dev_files (can't boot)

From: Krzysztof Hałasa
Date: Fri Feb 11 2022 - 07:51:12 EST

Bjorn,

> Krzysztof, you're running v5.14, which includes Krzysztof W's work,
> but that shouldn't affect the imx6_pcie_probe()/pci_sysfs_init()
> ordering. Your log shows the error in imx6_pcie_probe().
>
> Would you mind adding the patch below and attaching a complete dmesg
> log to the bugzilla?

Sure. In fact I was using 5.16-rc4 (with the media tree) lately, without
the fix from the other Krzysztof, and, as I can now see, it worked
without the problem in question.

I switched it to 5.14 I was using previously, reverted the fix, added
your patch, and tried again. It booted 100+ times without experiencing
the problem, too.

I will try again with the previous 5.14-rc3+ (which needed the fix) next
week. Perhaps it was an unrelated bug affecting 5.14-rc only (fixed
before final 5.14)? I haven't checked back then if 5.14 needed the fix,
most probably I've simply rebased from rc3+ to final.

The other possibility is changed .config. Or, I don't know, the gcc
versions. We will see.
--
Krzysztof "Chris" Hałasa

Sieć Badawcza Łukasiewicz
Przemysłowy Instytut Automatyki i Pomiarów PIAP
Al. Jerozolimskie 202, 02-486 Warszawa