Re: linux-next: build warning after merge of the hwmon-staging tree

From: Guenter Roeck
Date: Thu Feb 10 2022 - 13:22:54 EST

On 2/10/22 10:07, Lee Jones wrote:
On Thu, 10 Feb 2022, Guenter Roeck wrote:

Hi Lee,

On 2/10/22 00:50, Lee Jones wrote:
On Thu, 10 Feb 2022, Stephen Rothwell wrote:

Hi all,

After merging the hwmon-staging tree, today's linux-next build (htmldocs)
produced this warning:

Documentation/hwmon/sy7636a-hwmon.rst:4: WARNING: Title underline too short.

Kernel driver sy7636a-hwmon
=========================

Introduced by commit

de34a4053250 ("hwmon: sy7636a: Add temperature driver for sy7636a")

Oh wow, that's new (to me), and a little petty, no?

Would you like me to apply this patch to my branch Guenter?

It would be great if you can do that since you already wrote it.

I can either send out a new PR, or let it wallow.

Wallow is fine with me; that can go in through your branch.

Actually, I wonder if I should just drop your immutable branch from
my tree and let it go in through your tree. The hwmon patch has my Acked-by:
already, and there are no further dependencies, so it isn't really necessary
for both of us to carry it. What do you think ?

That's your call to make. :)

The patch is going in, either way.

Sounds good. I'll drop it.

Thanks,