Re: Query related to shutting down NVMe during system suspend

From: nitirawa
Date: Thu Feb 10 2022 - 07:37:04 EST

On 2022-02-10 11:10, Lukas Wunner wrote:
On Thu, Feb 10, 2022 at 09:41:04AM +0530, Vidya Sagar wrote:
On 2/10/2022 1:56 AM, Keith Busch wrote:
> Christoph prefers to append quirks for platforms that need full device
> shutdown on s2idle instead of changing the driver default.
>
> We use dmi matching for our current platform quirk list. I do not know
> what the equivalent is for device-tree based platforms. Do you know?

I'm afraid I don't.

of_machine_is_compatible()

Thanks Lukas and keith . Yes it worked using of_machine_is_compatible as it checks root node of device tree for a given compatible value.
@keith - I have posted the change using above API to enable nvme quick suspend quirks for sc7280 platform. Please can you review it.