Re: amd apu crashes

From: Steven J Abner
Date: Wed Feb 09 2022 - 07:05:20 EST

On several crashes, it goes black, no log, than screen as was, no computer activity(no keyboard, nor mouse, but power to keyboard lighting), just allowed reset or power button. The triple threat was total blackout, and on destroyed drive, I think only power button, maybe reset didn't work??? So no kernel panic screen or efi shell if that's the question? I do have a snapshot of a case that didn't blink out monitor, and possibly no freeze but restarted out of what might be next. Note: was kernel 5.15 kernel, during picture, and the destruction of drive. Prior non-issue kernel I'm thinking was 5.10? I assumed first triple threat was btrfs, 3 blinks for destroying drive data and its backups, and when I took this shot was reconstruction of older projects and data, but felt wasn't kernel but questioning gtk incorrect use of graphics. I also can't recall ever an issue under 5.10, It just ran! (minor annoyances with some programs). Possibly related, now that I think about but not looked into, Kodi crashes more frequently and was running on a couple kernel freezes.
Steve