Query related to shutting down NVMe during system suspend

From: Vidya Sagar
Date: Tue Feb 01 2022 - 11:22:56 EST

Hi Rafael & Christoph,
My query is regarding the comment and the code that follows after it at
https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/tree/drivers/nvme/host/pci.c?h=v5.17-rc2#n3243
What I understood from it is that, there is an underlying assumption
that the power to the devices is not removed during the suspend call.
In the case of device-tree based platforms like Tegra194, power is
indeed removed to the devices during suspend-resume process. Hence, the
NVMe devices need to be taken through the shutdown path irrespective of
whether the ASPM states are enabled or not.
I would like to hear from you the best method to follow to achieve this.

Thanks & Regards,
Vidya Sagar