Re: [syzbot] kernel BUG in __page_mapcount

From: Yang Shi
Date: Wed Jan 05 2022 - 14:06:02 EST

On Tue, Dec 21, 2021 at 10:40 AM Matthew Wilcox <willy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 21, 2021 at 10:24:27AM -0800, Yang Shi wrote:
> > It seems the THP is split during smaps walk. The reproducer does call
> > MADV_FREE on partial THP which may split the huge page.
> >
> > The below fix (untested) should be able to fix it.
>
> Did you read the rest of the thread on this? If the page is being

I just revisited this. Now I see what you mean about "the rest of the
thread". My gmail client doesn't put them in the same thread, sigh...

Yeah, try_get_compound_head() seems like the right way.

Or we just simply treat migration entries as mapcount == 1 as Kirill
suggested or just skip migration entries since they are transient or
show migration entries separately.