Re: [net-next 12/18] net: mac802154: Handle scan requests

From: Miquel Raynal
Date: Tue Jan 04 2022 - 12:43:48 EST

Hi Alexander,

> I see that beacons are sent out with
> "local->beacon.mhr.fc.dest_addr_mode = IEEE802154_NO_ADDRESSING;"
> shouldn't that be a broadcast destination?

In the case of a beacon, 7.3.1.2 Beacon frame MHR field indicate:

When the Frame Version field is 0b00–0b01:
— The Destination Addressing mode field shall be set to
indicated that the Destination Address and Destination
PAN ID fields are not present.

So I think the NO_ADDRESSING choice here is legit. The destination
field however is useful in the Enhanced beacon frame case, but that's
not yet supported.

Thanks,
Miquèl