[TREE] "Fast Kernel Headers" Tree WIP/development branch

From: Ingo Molnar
Date: Tue Jan 04 2022 - 06:19:38 EST

* Ingo Molnar <mingo@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > ########################################################################
> >
> > I am very excited to see where this goes, it is a herculean effort but
> > I think it will be worth it in the long run. Let me know if there is
> > any more information or input that I can provide, cheers!
>
> Your testing & patch sending efforts are much appreciated!! You'd help me
> most by continuing on the same path with new fast-headers releases as
> well, whenever you find the time. :-)
>
> BTW., you can always pick up my latest Work-In-Progress branch from:
>
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/mingo/tip.git sched/headers
>
> The 'master' branch will carry the release.
>
> The sched/headers branch is already rebased to -rc8 and has some other
> changes as well. It should normally work, with less testing than the main
> releasees, but will at times have fixes at the tail waiting to be
> backmerged in a bisect-friendly way.

Ok, broke out the sched/headers WIP branch into a separate announcement, in
case others want to test:

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/mingo/tip.git sched/headers

Note that I sometimes will update the 'master' branch as well, without a
standalone announcement, if there's some important fix or the previous
version moved away too much.

Also, where I backmerged your fixes to manual commits I credited you with:

[ Fixes by Nathan Chancellor ]

Fixed-by: Nathan Chancellor <nathan@xxxxxxxxxx>

The (rare) exception would be straight dependency additions such as the
<linux/string.h> additions, which are auto-generated from scratch to keep
it maintainable & reviewable - if that's fine with you.

Thanks,

Ingo