Re: linux-next: manual merge of the nfs-anna tree with the fscache tree

From: David Wysochanski
Date: Fri Dec 17 2021 - 08:34:41 EST

On Fri, Dec 17, 2021 at 8:11 AM David Howells <dhowells@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> David Wysochanski <dwysocha@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Anna, feel free to drop these from your tree to avoid the conflicts
> > with the rest of your tree and dhowells fscache-rewrite patchset.
>
> Would it help to take some bits through my tree? (Or, at least, alter my NFS
> patches)

I think so. If Anna is ok with it, she can drop them from her tree.
And I'm looking at these 7 patches to see which ones make sense on top
of your tree (the v3 patches you just sent).

Mainly my patches were cleanups, plus converting from dfprintk to tracepoints.
Some patches may no longer be needed.
As one example, this may be better done with tracepoints inside
__fscache_use_cookie and __fscache_unuse_cookie

3b779545aa01 ("NFS: Convert NFS fscache enable/disable dfprintks to
tracepoints")