Re: [tip: x86/urgent] x86/boot: Pull up cmdline preparation and early param parsing

From: Borislav Petkov
Date: Fri Dec 10 2021 - 06:28:11 EST

On Thu, Dec 09, 2021 at 05:37:42PM +0100, Borislav Petkov wrote:
> Whatever we do, it needs to be tested by all folks on Cc who already
> reported regressions, i.e., Anjaneya, Hugh, John and Patrick.

Ok, Mike is busy so here are some patches for testing:

https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/bp/bp.git/log/?h=rc4-boot

I'd appreciate it if folks who reported an issue, verify those.

The first two are reverts which should address the issues with mem=
folks have reported. And the last one should address Anjaneya's issue.

I guess doing it the way as Mike suggested is cleaner/better.

Thx!

--
Regards/Gruss,
Boris.