RE: [patch 21/32] NTB/msi: Convert to msi_on_each_desc()

From: Tian, Kevin
Date: Thu Dec 09 2021 - 00:41:33 EST

This is correct. Just as what you agreed with Thomas, the only difference
between IMS and MSI is on where the messages are stored. Physically
it is unreasonable for the HW to check whether an interrupt is used for
a specific software usage (e.g. virtualization) since it doesn't have such
knowledge. At most an entry is associated to PASID, but again the PASID
can be used anywhere.

The wording in current IDXD spec is not clear on this part. We'll talk to
the spec owner to have it fixed.

Thanks
Kevin