Re: [igb] netconsole triggers warning in netpoll_poll_dev

From: Jesse Brandeburg
Date: Tue Nov 23 2021 - 15:37:53 EST

On 11/21/2021 1:16 PM, Alexander Duyck wrote:
The easiest fix for all of this in the in-kernel driver is to just get rid of the
"min" at the end and instead just "return work_done;". The extra
complication is only needed if you were to be polling multiple queues and
that isn't the case here so we should simplify it and get rid of the buggy
"budget - 1" return value.

Thank you very much for your reply Alexander!
It seems to work well!

Are you planning to send it upstream?

No, I was just suggesting it as a possible solution. Feel free to put
together your own patch and submit it if it is working for you.

Thanks for your feedback and work on this, I've prepared a patch and will send to netdev and intel-wired-lan shortly.

I don't have an easy way to test this one, please let me know what you think.