vxlan: Possible regression in vxlan_rcv()

From: Fabian Frédérick
Date: Tue Nov 23 2021 - 12:13:32 EST

Hi,

Last year I sent the following

2ae2904b5bac
("vxlan: don't collect metadata if remote checksum is wrong")

thinking it was an optimization and noticed it was managed in that order before patch

f14ecebb3a4e
("vxlan: clean up extension handling on rx")

I was not able to create some script to test that code and had no feedback on it but lately, looking at it again I noticed that metadata sequence (if (vxlan_collect_metadata(vs))) was updating skb in skb_dst_set(skb, (struct dst_entry *)tun_dst); which was not the case during the clean up above.

Can someone tell me if the update is really ok or how I could check that code ?
if VXLAN_F_REMCSUM_RX involves metadata checking I can ask to remove the patch.

Best regards,
Fabian