Re: [GIT PULL] zstd changes for v5.16

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Thu Nov 11 2021 - 17:59:59 EST

On Wed, Nov 10, 2021 at 10:47 AM Nick Terrell <terrelln@xxxxxx> wrote:

> I just wanted to make sure that you’ve received my pull request. I’m a newbie
> here, so I want to make sure I’m not making a stupid mistake that means you’ve
> missed my message. I’d hate for this PR to not even be considered for merging
> in this window because of some mistake I’ve made.

Oh, it's in my queue, but it's basically at the end of my queue
because I will need to take a much deeper look into what's going on.

It's not just that you're a new source of pulls, it's also that this
is a big change and completely changes the organization of the zlib
stuff. So every time I look at my list of pending pulls, this always
ends up being "I'll do all the normal ones first".

So it's not lost, but this is the kind of pull that I tend to do when
my queues have emptied. Which they haven't done yet..

Linus