Question: SMMUv3 PMU event aliasing

From: Leo Yan
Date: Mon Nov 08 2021 - 07:19:49 EST

Hi John,

[ + mailing list ]

I'd like to confirm the latest upstream status for SMMUv3 PMU event
aliasing.

I see the patch set v6 of "perf pmu-events: Support event aliasing for
system PMUs" [1] has been landed on the mainline kernel, and as an
example, imx8mm DDR PMU has been supported as system PMU [2].

On the other hand, I can see patch set 5 contains the SMMUv3 PMU event
aliasing with patch "perf vendor events arm64: Add Architected events
smmuv3-pmcg.json" [3], but this patch was left out in patch set 6 and
it's never landed on the mainline kernel.

Could you share current status (or plan) for upstreaming SMMUv3 PMU
event alias? Or if there have any block issue to prevent merging the
changes in the mainline kernel?

Thanks for your help!

Leo

[1] https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/1607080216-36968-1-git-send-email-john.garry@xxxxxxxxxx/
[2] pmu-events/arch/arm64/freescale/imx8mm/sys/ddrc.json
[3] https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/1604666153-4187-6-git-send-email-john.garry@xxxxxxxxxx/