Re: [GIT PULL] Modules updates for v5.16-rc1

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Sun Nov 07 2021 - 14:08:26 EST

On Fri, Nov 5, 2021 at 3:33 PM Luis Chamberlain <mcgrof@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> As requested by Jessica, I'm stepping in to help with modules
> maintenance. This is my my first pull request, so if there are any
> issues with it please let me know so I can fix things for the next
> time around to make it even smoother for you.

Well, I want to see what I'm getting.

That's what "git request-pull" is all about - it does most of the
formatting particularly if you have a tag with the explanations
already like you seem to have.

That very much includes a diffstat and a shortlog, so that I see that
"yes, what I got is actually what you intended for me to get" (and so
that I can do a first quick scan of "this is what's coming" before I
even do the pull - sometimes I use that to judge whether I should do
the pull now,. or leave it for later when I have more time to go
through something).

Linus