Re: atomisp current issues

From: Mauro Carvalho Chehab
Date: Thu Nov 04 2021 - 08:46:50 EST

As an update on that:

Em Wed, 3 Nov 2021 13:54:18 +0000
Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab+huawei@xxxxxxxxxx> escreveu:

> Hi,
>
> From what I've seen so far, those are the main issues with regards to V4L2 API,
> in order to allow a generic V4L2 application to work with it.
>
> MMAP support

This issue still needs to be addressed...

> From my side, I opted to add support for USERPTR on camorama:
>
> https://github.com/alessio/camorama

> In time:
> --------
>
> Camorama currently doesn't work due to some other API bugs. See below.

But now camorama has gained support for autodetecting problems with
MMAP support.

At least for Asus T101HA, camorama is now working with atomisp.

> VIDIOC_G_FMT/VIDIOC_S_FMT/VIDIOC_TRY_FMT issues

I addressed those issues. The implementation is not 100%, but it is good
enough for camorama to start working.

> Video devices
>
> Currently, 10 video? devices are created:

I didn't touch it. So, camorama should be called the first time with:

camorama -d /dev/video2

in order for it to work. As camorama memorizes the last used camera,
it will pick /dev/video2 if called later without any parameters.

Regards,
Mauro