[GIT PULL] tracing: Set two for 5.16

From: Steven Rostedt
Date: Wed Nov 03 2021 - 10:05:12 EST

Linus,

This code was still under testing when I pushed my first set, as people
depended on it. This set has now satisfactorily passed my test suite.

Second set of tracing updates for 5.16:

- osnoise and timerlat updates that will work with the RTLA tool (Real-Time
Linux Analysis). Specifically it disconnects the work load (threads
that look for latency) from the tracing instances attached to them,
allowing for more than one instance to retrieve data from the work load.

- Optimization on division in the trace histogram trigger code to use shift
and multiply when possible. Also added documentation.

- Fix prototype to my_direct_func in direct ftrace trampoline sample code.

Please pull the latest trace-v5.16-2 tree, which can be found at:

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/rostedt/linux-trace.git
trace-v5.16-2

Tag SHA1: d17edd07178249c50f80305c507626f15fbf363a
Head SHA1: 67d4f6e3bf5dddced226fbf19704cdbbb0c98847

Daniel Bristot de Oliveira (9):
tracing/osnoise: Do not follow tracing_cpumask
tracing/osnoise: Improve comments about barrier need for NMI callbacks
tracing/osnoise: Split workload start from the tracer start
tracing/osnoise: Use start/stop_per_cpu_kthreads() on osnoise_cpus_write()
tracing/osnoise: Support a list of trace_array *tr
tracing/osnoise: Remove TIMERLAT ifdefs from inside functions
tracing/osnoise: Allow multiple instances of the same tracer
tracing/osnoise: Remove STACKTRACE ifdefs from inside functions
tracing/osnoise: Remove PREEMPT_RT ifdefs from inside functions

Jiri Olsa (1):
ftrace/samples: Add missing prototype for my_direct_func

Kalesh Singh (4):
tracing/histogram: Optimize division by constants
tracing/histogram: Update division by 0 documentation
tracing/histogram: Document hist trigger variables
tracing/selftests: Add tests for hist trigger expression parsing

----
Documentation/trace/histogram.rst | 3 +-
kernel/trace/trace.c | 11 +
kernel/trace/trace_events_hist.c | 105 +++-
kernel/trace/trace_osnoise.c | 615 +++++++++++++++------
samples/ftrace/ftrace-direct-multi.c | 2 +
.../test.d/trigger/trigger-hist-expressions.tc | 63 +++
create mode 100644 tools/testing/selftests/ftrace/test.d/trigger/trigger-hist-expressions.tc