Re: [GIT PULL] tracing: Fix to recursion protection for 5.15

From: Steven Rostedt
Date: Wed Oct 20 2021 - 18:12:46 EST

On Wed, 20 Oct 2021 10:59:28 -1000
Linus Torvalds <torvalds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 20, 2021 at 6:17 AM Steven Rostedt <rostedt@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > Oh, and I have a perl script that also adds "Cc"s. That could have done it
> > as well. :-/
>
> That sounds like the likely culprit.
>
> I think doing a simple
>
> decode("MIME-Header", $cc)
>
> should do it, but I'm not a perl person.

Well, that solves it from copying the header into the Cc list. But then I
have this error when running the git am:

error: cannot convert from US-ASCII to UTF-8
fatal: could not parse patch

But you are right. It's the copying of the header Cc list into the Cc list
of the commit that is causing my issue. Will investigate it more.

I probably could just stop doing that, as it also adds the Link: tag to the
lore email, which includes all the Cc's.

-- Steve