Re: linux-next: build failure after merge of the akpm-current tree

From: Rasmus Villemoes
Date: Mon Oct 18 2021 - 05:08:20 EST

On 18/10/2021 10.45, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi Andy,
>
> On Mon, 18 Oct 2021 11:01:18 +0300 Andy Shevchenko <andy.shevchenko@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> Like this (on top of my previous fix - which I assume Andrew will
>>> squash out of existence)?
>>
>> Yep, thanks!
>> I thought that it makes sense to have STACK_MAGIC also in this header. Thoughts?
>
> You might want to think of a different name for the header file then.

Eh, it seems more reasonable to leave it in kernel.h, then figure out
how to get rid of it completely. AFAICT it's only used in one single
place under arch/ (and I can't figure out how that magic value is
supposed to get there in the first place... that arch was thrown out in
2013 and resurrected in 2015, but that particular line doesn't make
sense), and then in some i915 code which might as well define their own
cookie.

Rasmus