Re: [GIT PULL] objtool/urgent for v5.15-rc4

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Sun Oct 03 2021 - 15:11:07 EST

Replying to myself just to add more proper people to the cc.

I'm also wondering how I could possibly be the only person who saw the warning.

I don't think I am, and I think that people who signed off on commit
24ff65257375 ("objtool: Teach get_alt_entry() about more relocation
types") and claimed to have "tested" it, clearly didn't actually do
so.

PeterZ/Josh/Nathan: see the thread at

https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/CAHk-=wiZwq-0LknKhXN4M+T8jbxn_2i9mcKpO+OaBSSq_Eh7tg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx/

if you need more context, but I suspect you can figure it out just
from this email too.

Linus