Re: [GIT PULL] objtool/urgent for v5.15-rc4

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Sun Oct 03 2021 - 14:46:07 EST

On Sun, Oct 3, 2021 at 2:43 AM Borislav Petkov <bp@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> - Handle symbol relocations properly due to changes in the toolchains
> which remove section symbols now

Ugh.

This actually causes a new warning for me:

arch/x86/kvm/emulate.o: warning: objtool: __ex_table+0x4: don't
know how to handle reloc symbol type: kvm_fastop_exception

on an x86-64 allmodconfig build (and my normal clang build for my
actual default config too).

Looking at the kvm code, that kvm_fastop_exception thing is some funky sh*t.

I _think_ the problem is that 'kvm_fastop_exception' is done with bare
asm at the top-level and that triggers some odd interaction with other
section data, but I really don't know.

Anyway, that thing is in my public tree now, because it's better to
get it out and fixed and have the kvm people look at it.

Linus