Re: [GIT PULL REQUEST] watchdog - v5.12 Merge window

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Tue Sep 07 2021 - 16:59:02 EST

On Tue, Sep 7, 2021 at 1:46 PM Wim Van Sebroeck <wim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> My Apologies. The subject of this e-mail is wrong again. It should have been [GIT PULL REQUEST] watchdog - v5.15 Merge window

Heh. That was fairly obvious. No problem.

My email search terms end up being just "git" and "pull", so it's not
like I end up even really looking at the version numbers except closer
to the end of the release. At that point people start sending me early
pull requests for the next merge window, and I start looking more
closely just to make sure I differentiate between "fixes for this
release" and "updates for the next merge window".

... and even then, it's usually pretty obvious from the actual
contents, and if somebody gets a version number wrong it generally
isn't all that confusing.

Linus