Re: Linux-next: crash in alloc_huge_page()

From: Matthew Wilcox
Date: Tue Aug 10 2021 - 23:09:01 EST

On Tue, Aug 10, 2021 at 10:22:37PM -0400, Qian Cai wrote:
> and the page->lru has an address fffffffffffffffc for some reasons. Does it sound like some error code
> had not been handled properly and had been propagated here instead? I tried reverting a few recent
> commits for mm/hugetlb.c and mm/memblock.c without luck so far.

Yes, ff..fc is going to be at offset 8 from the actual address, so
that's -12 and -12 is ...

#define ENOMEM 12 /* Out of memory */

so something's returning ERR_PTR(-ENOMEM) instead of NULL.

> [ 8107.262232][T62705] Unable to handle kernel paging request at virtual address fffffffffffffffc

These logs would be a lot easier to read if you snipped the irrelevant
timestamp and whatever this Txxxxx thing is.