[ANNOUNCE] CFP: Real-Time Microconference - Linux Plumbers Conference 2021

From: Daniel Bristot de Oliveira
Date: Fri Jul 23 2021 - 08:48:11 EST

The Real-time microconference focuses on finishing the last lap of getting the
PREEMPT_RT[1] patch set into mainline. Many of these missing pieces, however,
are not at the core of real-time features (like locking, and scheduling), but
instead, on other subsystems that compose the kernel, like file systems and
memory management. Making this Linux subsystems compatible with PREEMPT_RT
requires finding a solution that is acceptable by subsystem maintainer, without
having these subsystems suffer from performance or complexity issues.

Suggested Topics:
- New tools for PREEMPT_RT analysis [2].
- How do we teach the rest of the kernel developers how not to break
PREEMPT_RT?
- Stable maintainers tools discussion & improvements: [3]
- The usage of PREEMPT_RT on safety-critical systems: what do we need to do?
- Make NAPI and the kernel-rt working better together [5]
- Migrate disable and the problems that they cause on rt tasks [6]
- It is time to discuss the "BKL"-like style of our preempt/bh/irq_disable()
synchronization functions.
- How do we close the documentation gap
- The status of the merge, and how can we resolve the last issues that block
the merge
- Invite the developers of the areas where patches are still under discussion
to help to find an agreement
- How can we improve the testing of the -rt, to follow the problems raised as
Linus tree advances?
- What’s next?

If you are interested in participating in this microconference and have topics
to propose, please use the LPC CfP process, and select "Real-time MC" for the
"Track". More topics will be added based on CfP for LPC microconference.

MC leads:
- Daniel Bristot de Oliveira <bristot@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Steven Rostedt <rostedt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Clark Williams <williams@xxxxxxxxxx>