Re: [RFC 2/6] block: add flag for add_disk() completion notation

From: Luis Chamberlain
Date: Mon Jul 19 2021 - 20:14:31 EST

On Mon, Jul 19, 2021 at 11:00:36AM +0100, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> > {
> > might_sleep();
> >
> > + if (!blk_disk_registered(disk))
> > + return;
> > +
>
> Can't say I like this all that much. Drivers should keep some
> basic sanity for their unregister path, and while blk_disk_registered
> can be useful, it's uses should be kept at a minimum.

This just means quite a bit of drivers have to invent some scheme to
keep tabs on if registration was completed or not on their own... I
can't see too much downfall for us to embrace this. Anyway I'll keep
it in the mix and respin it as proper patch as it seems you suggested
a respin of the series.

Luis