Re: [tip: sched/core] sched/core: Initialize the idle task with preemption disabled

From: Valentin Schneider
Date: Wed Jul 07 2021 - 10:57:28 EST

On 08/07/21 00:35, Alexey Kardashevskiy wrote:
> On 08/07/2021 00:14, Guenter Roeck wrote:
>>
>> Can you reproduce the problem with a powerpc qemu emulation ?
>> If so, how do you reproduce it there ? Reason for asking is that I don't
>> see
>> the problem with any of my powerpc emulations, and I would like to add test
>> case(s) if possible.
>
> I can reproduce the problem on powerpc easily - qemu with "-smp 2" does it.

So on powerpc I'm chasing a slightly different problem, reported at
[1]. I couldn't get it to trigger on qemu for powerpc64, and I'm still
struggling with powerpc. Could you please share you qemu invocation &
kernel .config? Thanks.

[1]: https://lore.kernel.org/linux-next/YNSq3UQTjm6HWELA@xxxxxxxxxx/