Re: 2.6.0-test3-mm1 and rootflags

From: Greg Depoire--Ferrer
Date: Tue Jun 29 2021 - 13:25:35 EST

Hello.

I configure my kernel to boot without an initrd, with "rw root=PARTUUID=...
rootflags=...". I would like the kernel to mount my root partition with
MS_NOATIME but it is currently not possible without using an initrd that
remounts the root partition with the new flags, as was described in this
thread.

Because the kernel already supports setting filesystem dependent flags, I think
it would make sense for it to also support setting filesystem independent flags.
Also, there is the issue of flags that can't be reset later by initrd (see the

adding a 'rootopts=' parameter that takes a bitmap value for the mount flags.

It's my first time using a mailing list. I'm not sure if you're supposed to
reply to very old messages like this one or create a new thread instead. Sorry
if I did something wrong.