Re: linux-mm@xxxxxxxxx - limping on a backup

From: Benjamin LaHaise
Date: Fri Jun 25 2021 - 15:26:10 EST

On Fri, Jun 25, 2021 at 12:21:24PM -0700, James Bottomley wrote:
> On Fri, 2021-06-25 at 13:12 -0400, Benjamin LaHaise wrote:
> > On Fri, Jun 25, 2021 at 10:00:15AM -0700, James Bottomley wrote:
> > > Perhaps it's time to move this list over to vger or the linux.dev
> > > infrastructure now that it's being brought up? We already migrated
> > > the containers list without too much pain.
> >
> > Maybe the btrfs bugs should get fixed.
>
> I believe we can do both.

If I were unresponsive at fixing issues, I would understand the need to
migrate services, but steps to address the failures have already been
taken and additional mitigations are planned. If we migrated services
every time a piece of hardware failed or we hit a kernel bug, then we
wouldn't have any infrastructure left.

-ben
--
"Thought is the essence of where you are now."