Re: [GIT PULL] ARM: mstar for v5.14 v2

From: Daniel Palmer
Date: Tue Jun 15 2021 - 12:01:49 EST

Hi Olof,

On Wed, 16 Jun 2021 at 00:31, Olof Johansson <olof@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> This time it seems like you based your branch on 5.14-rc5, which is a newer -rc
> than what we have the rest of our trees on. The general rule of thumb is to
> base it on the oldest meaningful rc for the release (rc1 or rc2, most of the
> time). We normally base our tree on rc2 or so, in this case I went forward to
> rc3 earlier.

Sorry, I hadn't even thought of that but it makes sense.

> (Maybe you had the same base last time around, and I missed it -- my tooling
> failed out on the S-o-b checking before I noticed)

Last one was rc5 too.

> To avoid another roundtrip here, I'll apply the two patches directly, but
> please keep it in mind in the future, especially once you have more material
> for a cycle.

Thanks for doing that and the hand holding. I think I can manage to
get it right next time. :)

I have one DTS patch I would like to get into 5.14 for the watchdog
driver that was recently accepted.
Is it still ok to send a PR for that one or is it too late now? I
think I read the cut off is around rc6.

Thanks,

Daniel