Re: commit 3d5bfbd97163 versus -rt

From: Steven Rostedt
Date: Tue Jun 15 2021 - 11:33:18 EST

On Tue, 15 Jun 2021 14:35:27 +0200
Rasmus Villemoes <rasmus.villemoes@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Reverting commit 3d5bfbd9716318b1ca5c38488aa69f64d38a9aa5 (gpio:
> mpc8xxx: change the gpio interrupt flags.) makes it go away, as does
> disabling CONFIG_PREEMPT_RT or simply booting a vanilla v5.10.42 (where
> that option exists but cannot be selected).

I'm curious if it will also trigger on vanilla v5.10.42 but add to the
kernel command line: threadirqs

Make sure you have CONFIG_IRQ_FORCED_THREADING set too.

Because it appears to be an issue with that being called by the generic
threaded irq infrastructure, which PREEMPT_RT enables automatically.

-- Steve