Re: [GIT PULL] ARM: mstar for v5.14

From: Olof Johansson
Date: Sat Jun 12 2021 - 12:28:52 EST

Hi,

On Sat, Jun 12, 2021 at 12:09:56PM +0900, Daniel Palmer wrote:
> Hi Arnd, Olof,
>
> This is my first time doing this so apologies in advance if I've messed this up.
> Anyhow, we have two very small patches for 5.14.

Overall this is the right way to do it, but my tooling spotted a miss: You
didn't sign off on at least one of the patches you applied (the UART one). Make
sure you do 'git am -s' or similar so you have a S-o-b entry when you're the
one applying the patch.

Mind respinning the pull request with that corrected, so we avoid getting an
email from Stephen Rothwell about it too? :)

Beyond that, keeping an eye on how you sort patches when you have more
material: In particular we keep DT, soc, drivers and defconfig updates in
separate branches as much as we can -- sometimes dt-bindings need to be in both
DT and driver branches, for example. That doesn't apply to this pull request,
since the MAINTAINERS entry and the other one fix are fine to bundle (they
would end up in the 'soc' branch at our end).

We can tweak that over time as you get more familiar with how we separate
the streams of patches.

-Olof