Re: linux-parisc compile failure in current git

From: Meelis Roos
Date: Thu Jun 10 2021 - 11:23:39 EST

10.06.21 05:03 Masahiro Yamada wrote:
There are some options

[option 1]
revert the parisc bit of 23243c1ace9fb4eae2f75e0fe0ece8e3219fb4f3
This will restore the functionality you may want, but
as I said above, Kconfig is doing pointless things.

[option 2]
Stop using cc-cross-prefix, and pass CROSS_COMPILE explicitly.
This is what many architectures including arm, arm64 do.
You need to explicitly pass CROSS_COMPILE=aarch64-linux-gnu- etc.
if you are cross-compiling arm64.

[option 3]
Introduce ARCH=parisc64.

When you are building 64-bit kernel, you can pass ARCH=parisc64

A patch attached. (but not tested much)

Tested on my gentoo with separate compilers. Compiles fine, boots and has so far compiled 21 paxkageswith no trouble so seems to work - thank you!

--
Meelis Roos <mroos@xxxxxxxx>