Re: [RFC v2-fix-v2 1/1] x86: Introduce generic protected guest abstraction

From: Borislav Petkov
Date: Mon Jun 07 2021 - 14:26:12 EST

On Mon, Jun 07, 2021 at 11:01:05AM -0700, Kuppuswamy, Sathyanarayanan wrote:
> Why move this header outside CONFIG_INTEL_TDX_GUEST or
> CONFIG_AMD_MEM_ENCRYPT ifdef?

Because asm headers are usually included at the beginning of another,
possibly generic header. Unless you have a specially particular
reason to put them in additional guarding ifdeffery. Have a look at
include/linux/.

> This header only exists in x86 arch code. So it is better to protect
> it with x86 specific header file.

That doesn't sound like a special reason to me. And compilers are
usually very able at discarding unused symbols so I don't see a problem
with keeping all includes at the top, like it is usually done.

--
Regards/Gruss,
Boris.

https://people.kernel.org/tglx/notes-about-netiquette