Re: [tip:x86/cpu 4/4] Warning: Kernel ABI header at'tools/arch/x86/include/asm/cpufeatures.h' differs from latest version at'arch/x86/include/asm/cpufeatures.h': 111< /* free(3*32+29) */

From: Borislav Petkov
Date: Thu Jun 03 2021 - 17:25:15 EST

On Wed, Jun 02, 2021 at 12:35:44PM -0300, Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo wrote:
> will build in older systems where things added to the updated copy of
> the kernel headers isn't present, so trying to update the file and then
> rebuild perf, only warning me if it doesn't build would give me an early
> warning about things that are breaking and that I should look sooner
> rather than later.
>
> Doing just the diff is not that useful :-)

Lemme see if I understand this correctly: you'd like for the 0day folks
to take those perf-*src-pkg builds, put them on an *old* distro and see
if it builds. Am I close?

And do that with the headers in tools/ which do not have the new changes
and see if they still build?

Or?

Alternatively, we can always go back to keeping the headers in sync with
those in tools/ and f'get about it.

Thoughts?

Thx.

--