Re: [RFC] /dev/ioasid uAPI proposal

From: Jason Wang
Date: Wed Jun 02 2021 - 04:54:43 EST

在 2021/6/2 上午1:31, Jason Gunthorpe 写道:
On Tue, Jun 01, 2021 at 04:47:15PM +0800, Jason Wang wrote:
We can open up to ~0U file descriptors, I don't see why we need to restrict
it in uAPI.
There are significant problems with such large file descriptor
tables. High FD numbers man things like select don't work at all
anymore and IIRC there are more complications.

I don't see how much difference for IOASID and other type of fds. People can choose to use poll or epoll.

And with the current proposal, (assuming there's a N:1 ioasid to ioasid). I wonder how select can work for the specific ioasid.

Thanks

A huge number of FDs for typical usages should be avoided.

Jason