Re: Question about Tegra UCMs

From: Mark Brown
Date: Wed May 19 2021 - 07:38:53 EST

On Wed, May 19, 2021 at 01:31:28AM +0300, Dmitry Osipenko wrote:

> Mark, could you please help me to understand the UCM naming scheme that ALSA uses..

I have no real idea, sorry. Most of my userspace work has been with
Android which doesn't use UCM.

> IIUC, the "ucm2/Tegra/codec_name" scheme [2] that the current ALSA UCM
> uses simply doesn't work at all. Is there anything on the kernel side
> that I could change to get a working naming scheme? If yes, I may try
> to do something about it in the v2, thanks in advance.

Could you elaborate on the way in which it simply doesn't work at all?
I'd expect there to be something in there that first tries to match on
something to do with the specific hardware platform to take account of
plastics differences but that'd be a userspace change.

Please fix your mail client to word wrap within paragraphs at something
substantially less than 80 columns. Doing this makes your messages much
easier to read and reply to.