Re: [RFC v2-fix 1/1] x86/traps: Add #VE support for TDX guest

From: Andi Kleen
Date: Tue May 18 2021 - 11:46:52 EST

On 5/18/2021 8:11 AM, Dave Hansen wrote:
On 5/17/21 5:09 PM, Kuppuswamy Sathyanarayanan wrote:
After TDGETVEINFO #VE could happen in theory (e.g. through an NMI),
although we don't expect it to happen because we don't expect NMIs to
trigger #VEs. Another case where they could happen is if the #VE
exception panics, but in this case there are no guarantees on anything
anyways.
This implies: "we do not expect any NMI to do MMIO". Is that true? Why?

Only drivers that are not supported in TDX anyways could do it (mainly watchdog drivers)

panic is an exception, but that has been already covered.

-Andi